Monday, June 14, 2010

Brandi Carlile




Anyone who's followed me for any length of time on twitter knows how much I love Brandi Carlile. This gal is the real deal. I can post clips of her music here (and I will), but nothing does justice to that voice until you see her live. And once you see her live, well, then, you will become a groupie like me.

To describe her music by genre is difficult because she transcends them all. She's just as comfortable singing an old Willie Nelson or Patsy Cline classic (and that's tough to do) as she is rocking the Beatles. So what does she sound like? Vintage. Classic. Good time rock and roll.

If you get to see her live, do yourself a favor and get a ticket. It'll be the best music money you've ever spent.

Update
- hear her entire Bonnaroo 2010 Concert from NPR here. It rocks!

On that note, here are some of my faves:

Way to You


A cover:

Mad World

One of her most recognized:

The Story

Completely unplugged in concert - who does this? - Dying Day.

And give me a break, who can cover Johnny Cash better?

Folsom Prison Blues

Lots of her music can be listened to here as well, but why not take a moment and support her with a purchase?

I hope you'll check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...