Saturday, December 31, 2016

in dream



Just woke from a crazy, weird dream. We've been stuck in Ruidoso. Hiding out? Running? Loaded down.

You are driving a vehicle packed with junk. I am sitting on/in open window in back over tailgate. We are going to unload or do something necessary. But I need you to turn around. I lean down and say
we need to turn around
So many places on the road to do so but you are not turning around.

I bang on sides of vehicle (van, truck with camper?) and yell
what about here
and
turn around

Banging. Yelling.

We come over a hill. Before us, wide open blue sky. A turn and a guardrail and a leap over water.

Instead of slowing down, looking for a spot to turn, you speed up. And I realize we are going to crash into this water.

We do and when I come to, you are floating above me, eyes open but not conscious. Bubbles coming out of your nose and mouth.

I press up up trying to bring you above water and you come to. I ask you, still under water
what the hell are you doing
I am frantic. Angry, scared, unsure.

You don't answer.

Swim away, down, as I watch you.

The bottom is sand, white, pocked with bunches of waving seaweed. The water is light, fairly clear, green. You pluck a long strand of seaweed.

You swim to me, bringing the seaweed like an offering, like a flower, and get so close, your face to mine. Like you're going to kiss me.

But instead, you try to give me the seaweed and say
I can learn
or
I am learning
I can't remember...



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...